Powerhouse agreement with W2T for project development consultancy 18/01/2017
Waste2Tricity in Thailand & SE Asia
Waste2tricity Ltd, directly and through its majority owned subsidiary Waste2tricity International (Thailand) Ltd, is planning deployment projects in Thailand, Japan, Indonesia and Korea.
- TURNING OFF THE TAP – stopping plastic going into the oceans
- South East Asia – major problems with plastic waste on land and reaching the sea/ocean
- Many countries short of electricity
- FIT's exist that would create an attractive electric model in Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and others
- Japan sees hydrogen as an important part of its future energy mix
- These FITs will enable W2T to pay for waste plastic rather than charge a gate fee
- Monitising of plastic by being able to pay locals $40–50 a ton for plastic creates employment, local electricity and diverts plastic from reaching rivers and seas
- Diversion is simpler and cheaper than cleaning up!